"It Does Not Matter How Slowly You Go As Long As You Do Not Stop"
Hello loves happy FRIYAH! I just wanted to drop you a little note regarding the draping series I recently started here on the blog. Most of you have already read through the first post where I discuss a few of the basics everyone should know before starting the draping process. Next week I will demonstrate how to prepare your dressform with draping tape, how to take measurements from your dressform and how to mark & Block Your muslin in preparation for draping your basic blocks. So for all of you who want to learn how to drape your basic blocks be sure to grab the supplies listed below so you can participate as we go along. I promise we're going to have loads of fun so get ready sewing loves and let's get this draping party started!
Supplies you will need throughout this process:
- #1 or #2 muslin (read the information on muslin from first week)
- draping tape
- clear 18" ruler
- "L" square
- french curve metal and clear
- yard stick
- plenty of sharpened pencils
- red & black fine tip markers (colored pencils are fine too)
- drafting paper
- Stick pens
- Draping clips (sold at joanns and wawak) a plus but you don't have to have these.